CCLE Archive Overview
The CCLE Archive is a searchable repository enabling retrieval of course content and student data from past UCLA courses. To maintain security and student privacy this system is entirely separate from the Bruin Learn LMS. Data from the archive can only be obtained by request. Course content like pages, documents, assignments, quizzes and discussion prompts can be migrated to Bruin Learn. Student submissions and interactions may be extracted as necessary and delivered securely to the authorized person who made the request.
The Bruin Learn Center of Excellence (CoE) Academic Technology team provides support for requests for archived content.
- Allows instructors to request older versions of their CCLE courses and have them uploaded to Bruin Learn. (Courses older than the 19S term may not be in the new Bruin Learn system).
- Provides department administrators and leadership access to older course content if the instructor of record is no longer available.
- Allows academic departments or the academic senate access to instructor/student interactions, (e.g., grades, assignments, quizzes, feedback, discussions).
- Gives students the opportunity to request their own work from an older course.
Data Retrieval Examples
- Restore course to Bruin Learn from the 2018/19 academic year or before
- Retrieve course syllabus
- Compare course site organization/layout
Student Work and Instructor Feedback
- Grade challenge
- Review potential academic misconduct
- Letter of recommendation
- Exemplar coursework
- Retrieve submitted work for building portfolio
- Teaching review/tenure
Time Estimates for Requests
While some requests can be done within two days. We encourage you to expect a week. In some cases with large enrollments or high volume of content, it may require additional time.
- To request data from the Scaffold Archiving solution please complete the Archive Request form.
- Academic courses from Spring 2019 and beyond have been migrated to Bruin Learn. Instructors can locate migrated courses on their All Courses list in Bruin Learn.
- Student requests for syllabi, or instructional content from past courses should be directed to their instructor or department.