Respondus Lockdown Browser is a specialized web browser that prevents students from searching the internet and accessing other applications on their device while taking an online exam. LockDown Browser can also be used with Respondus Monitor, an automated proctoring solution that captures video and audio of students during the test attempt. Though Respondus doesn’t completely prevent cases of academic dishonesty or replace an in-person proctor, it may help provide a controlled testing environment.
- Prevents students from accessing unauthorized websites and applications on their device during an exam.
- Doesn’t allow students to copy and paste, print, or take screenshots.
- Gives instructors the option to record and review test attempts when using Respondus Monitor.
Respondus is paid for by the University. It is available to instructors and students at no cost.
Below are the basic steps required to enable Respondus for a Bruin Learn quiz. More detailed instructions can be found in the Respondus LockDown Browser Instructor Guide(link is external).
- Create a quiz in Bruin Learn.
- Locate and click the “Respondus LockDown Browser” link in your course navigation menu.
- From the Respondus dashboard that appears, find your quiz, click the dropdown arrow, then click “settings”.
- Choose “Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam”, then configure other options as necessary.
- Click “Save + Close”. Students are now required to use Respondus Lockdown Browser to take that quiz.
Below are the steps required to take a Respondus exam. More information, including FAQs addressing common issues, can be found in the Respondus LockDown Browser Student Guide(link is external).
- Log in to Bruin Learn and navigate to the quiz..
- Click “Take this quiz”. You will be brought to a page that says “Respondus Lockdown Browser Required”. Click the link on that page to download Respondus(link is external).
- Install Lockdown Browser on your computer.
- Launch the Lockdown Browser, log in to Bruin Learn, and navigate to the quiz. You will then be able to take the exam.
LTI Scope Definitions
- Campuswide - LTI tools are available in any Bruin Learn course.
- Sub-account - LTI tools have limited availability. These are often requested and funded by specific divisions, departments, or courses. These LTIs can be found by filtering via Status = "Available at a Cost."
LTI Status Definitions
- Requested - Requested tools are in the earliest phases for inclusion in Bruin Learn. This phase includes learning more about the functionality, supplier, costs, support options, existing campus or UC licensing agreements, etc.
- In Review - The LTI tool is undergoing review by multiple stakeholders, including software advisory workgroups, security, accessibility, funding, data use and privacy, and UCLA Purchasing.
- On Hold - The LTI tool process is on hiatus for any number of reasons, including: remediation of accessibility, security, data use and privacy concerns; identifying available funding sources; negotiations with the supplier; re-consideration of the original need, etc.
- Approved - The LTI tool process has been approved and preparation for installation is underway. Prior to availability, post-approval work may include resolving technical integration issues, developing training, etc.
- Available - The LTI tool process is installed and available for general use in Bruin Learn.
- Available at a cost - The LTI tool has been reviewed and approved and is available for purchase by units requiring the functionality the tool provides.
- Contact ASUCLA Bookstore - Publisher-related LTI tools are obtained through the ASUCLA Bookstore.